AS AND A LEVEL PURE MATHEMATICS 1
- Pure Mathematics 1 second edition
First teaching: September 2018
First exams: Summer 2020
Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education to provide full support for Paper 1 of the syllabus for examination from 2020.
Take mathematical understanding to the next level with this accessible series, written by experienced authors, examiners and teachers.
- Improve confidence as a mathematician with clear explanations, worked examples, diverse activities and engaging discussion points.
- Advance problem-solving, interpretation and communication skills through a wealth of questions that promote higher-order thinking.
- Prepare for further study or life beyond the classroom by applying mathematics to other subjects and modelling real-world situations.
- Reinforce learning with opportunities for digital practice via links to the Mathematics in Education and Industry's (MEI) Integral platform in the eTextbooks.*
*To have full access to the eTextbooks and Integral resources you must be subscribed to both Dynamic Learning and Integral. To trial our eTextbooks and/or subscribe to Dynamic Learning, visit: www.hoddereducation.co.uk/dynamic-learning; to view samples of the Integral resources and/or subscribe to Integral, visit www.integralmaths.org.
This book covers the syllabus content for Pure Mathematics 1, including quadratics, functions, coordinate geometry, circular measure, trigonometry, series, differentiation and integration.